Thursday, April 11, 2019

Orlando New Home Construction up 51% year over 2017

Orlando new home construction was up 51 percent in 2018 compared with the year before.  Construction was led by a surge in apartments but also increases in single family homes, townhouses and condos. Home builders started 16,238 single family homes last year, 12 percent more than 2017. Developers started 12,629 apartments, the most since the Census Bureau began tracking the statistic in 2004.



Orlando home construction is now at the highest level since 2009 when Obama took office. Home sales peaked in 2005 during the middle of the G.W. Bush administration and hit the bottom early in Obama's first term. Sales have since recovered, but are still at levels not seen since the early 1990s when G.H.W. Bush was leaving office.



Building material, skilled labor and lot shortages held new home construction down. Most of the skilled labor were retrained when unemployment peaked in in other fields and did not return when the economy improved.  Builders use of unskilled labor has them spending more time on repairs after the new homes are sold.



Our home inspection schedule has been full in part due to the number of re-inspections required on new home sales. Nationwide there is a labor shortage of 300,000 skilled workers like roofers and framers.


Concentrated urban areas of Orlando are adding homes at the fastest rate. Demand continues to be high in areas such as St. Cloud, Lake Nona, Western Orange County, Western Volusia and Lake County.





Frank Carr is the Owner / Inspector at First Choice Home Inspections in Deltona, FL serving Volusia, Seminole, Orange and Lake Counties. Formerly in the building trades, Frank’s focus is a safe home in the Orlando Metro and Daytona Beach areas of Central Florida and building FCHI. We believe that consumers have the right to expect the highest standards of thoroughness, fairness and effectiveness from their home inspector and that is exactly what we provide.
 
First Choice Home Inspections
Residential Home Inspections in Central Florida
(386) 624-3893 


16 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. home construction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant results! First-rate compatibility! Awesome in the whole lot!mexico-holiday-homes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, Europa-Road gépszállítás

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. construction professionals

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work
    anime lights, anime room decor

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. Loft ladders

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: locksmith near me in tampa florida

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. Remodeling contractors

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. Niskayuna assessor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great knowledge, do anyone mind merely reference back to it Lewisville kitchen remodel contractor

    ReplyDelete
  11. My spouse and i have been very peaceful that Edward managed to finish up his inquiry out of the ideas he acquired through the web page. It is now and again perplexing to just find yourself giving away information and facts which usually some other people could have been making money from. We remember we need the website owner to be grateful to for that. All of the explanations you’ve made, the straightforward web site menu, the relationships your site assist to instill – it is all fabulous, and it’s assisting our son and us understand that topic is exciting, which is very indispensable. Many thanks for all! Orlando Exterminator

    ReplyDelete
  12. Residential home inspections fl You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi!,I love your writing very much! share we keep in touch extra approximately your post on AOL? I need an expert in this space to resolve my problem. May be that is you! Taking a look forward to look you. Orlando Exterminator

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. kitchen remodelers NJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. roofers near me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Electrical Contractor Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete